Recently I've been doing 2 things which made me even more excited about my job:
I've called around 20 entrepreneurs to ask what was the impact of the intern they had in their organization. I spent quite a lot of time to find 20 very busy entrepreneurs and take 10 minutes of their time, but it became worthed when I started hearing things like:
"The only problem we had is that our intern became crucial to my organization."
"The intern created tools which improve our efficiency and will be used by all future generations"
"We could see the intern was not only commited, she had passion for the job, and always wanted to do more"
At the same time, I was collecting testimonials written by the interns who worked for 6 months in those organizations, and read some stories like these:
"I realized it's possible to cause positive impact and be financially sustainable at the same time"
"The internship changed my career path"
"I understood it's possible to apply my technical skills to social development"
The quotes talk by themselves, and it made me very happy to realize I work for a program which impacts people as much as impacts organizations.
No comments:
Post a Comment